This beautiful 14K Pendant is set with ancient Greek coin.
Denomination: AR Stater ID12291
Date: 330-300 BC
Description: Lucania, Metapontum AR Stater. ca 330-300 BC. Obverse: Head of Demeter right, wreathed with grain, in triple pendant earring, Reverse: META, grain ear with leaf on right,
As the goddess of grain and fertility, Demeter played an important - indeed essential - role in ancient Greek society. The Greeks, like most ancient cultures, relied upon agriculture for their sustenance. As the patron deity of agriculture, Demeter was accordingly worshipped with festivals and other honors. Likewise, her association with grain also translated into a close relationship with human fertility, as this was another crucial part in our continuing survival. There are, consequently, many myths dealing with Demeter in her capacity as a fertility goddess.
- The jewelry made in the US.
- The piece comes with Certificate of Authenticity of the Coin.
- Workmanship is guaranteed.
- Avoid chemicals. Do not wear to hot tubs or sea.
- To clean use a silver cloth on the silver and rising parts of the coin. Absolutely NO JEWELRY CLEANERS!
- Best preserved in ziplock bag when not worn.