Description: CIMMERIAN BOSPOROS, Pantikapaion. Circa 310-304/3 BC. Æ (20mm, 7.33 g, 11h). Bearded head of satyr right / Forepart of griffin left; below, sturgeon left. MacDonald 69; Anokhin 1023; HGC 7, 113. Good VF, brown surfaces.Obverse: bearded head of satyr Pan facing right. Reverse: forepart of griffin facing left; below sturgeon facing left. In Greek Mythology, Satyrs ( Pan) were immortal creatures of the forest and hills, and symbols of natures' wealth. They had the head, arms and torso of a man, and the horns, ears and hind legs of a goat. in some versions, a horse's tail completed the physical makeup of the satyr. they were fun-loving creatures, whose favorite past-times were frolicking, drinking wine, playing reed instruments, and most especially, chasing nymphs.Panticapaeum (Ancient Greek: Παντικάπαιον Pantikápaion) was an ancient Greek city on the eastern shore of Crimea, which the Greeks called Taurica. The city was built on Mount Mithridat, a hill on the western side of the Cimmerian Bosporus. It was founded by Milesians in the late 7th or early 6th century BC. The ruins of the site are now located in the modern city Kerch.