Description: Amisos as Peireus, Pontos, AR Persic standard drachm. From 300-100 BCE.Obverse: Turreted, draped bust of Hera right .Obverse: Owl with spread wings, A to lower left, ΠA monogram.
History: Hera is the wife and one of three sisters of Zeus in the Olympian pantheon of Greek mythology and religion. Olympian queen of the gods and the goddess of women and marriage. She was also a goddess of the sky and starry heavens. She was usually depicted as a beautiful woman wearing a crown and holding a royal, lotus-tipped staff. Sometimes she held a royal lion or had a cuckoo or hawk as her familiar.
Portrayed as majestic and solemn, often enthroned, and crowned with the polos (a high cylindrical crown worn by several of the Great Goddesses).
Properly speaking, Hera was the only really married goddess among the Olympians, for the marriage of Aphrodite with Ares can scarcely be taken into consideration; and hence she is the goddess of marriage and of the birth of children.
Her favorite places on earth were Argos, Sparta, and Mycenae.
- The jewelry made in the US.
- The piece comes with Certificate of Authenticity of the Coin.
- Workmanship is guaranteed.
- Avoid chemicals. Do not wear to hot tubs or sea.
- To clean use a silver cloth on the silver and rising parts of the coin. Absolutely NO JEWELRY CLEANERS!
- Best preserved in ziplock bag when not worn.