Hanukkah sale active!
These Sterling silver cufflinks are set with authentic ancient Roman Bronze coins dated from 2nd to 4th Cent AD.
Advantages: These cufflinks could appeal to anyone from a student to a history buff, to people that love antiques, to anyone who appreciates beauty and historic events. They make for a great conversation piece as well as meaningful gift.
- The jewelry made in the US.
- The piece comes with Certificate of Authenticity of the Coin.
- Workmanship is guaranteed.
- RETURNS: 2 weeks no questions asked. Time counts from the time you receive the item to the time you ship it back.
1. Avoid chemicals. Do not wear to hot tubs or sea.
2. To clean use a silver cloth on the silver and avoid the coin. Absolutely NO JEWELRY CLEANERS!
3. Best preserved in a ziplock bag.
The front of the coin is a head of then current roman emperor. The Roman Mint was established as the Temple and Factory of a Roman God named Juno Moneta. The word money is derived from this god's name. These mints relied on vast
numbers of manual laborers. Since each coin had to be struck by hand, no two are identical..
The making of each coin required the labor of three men: one to hold the coin blank in place with special tongs, one to hold the die over the blank, and one to strike the hammer blow that minted the coin. More than one hammer blow was often necessary to transfer the die image to the coin. Some coins feature a ghost image resulting from a die shift between two hammer blows. This is also why an image is not often centered on a coin.